Monday, August 25, 2008

A Side Order with that....

Well I hope you all enjoyed walking "This Way" with us for the last dare! It's Rachel here with my little extra for this week.

After Mels Quick cards sometimes we need a little something to go with a card - you know just a little something, so my challenge to you all is to make a card and something to go with it - even if its just an extra special envelope.

I had a couple of ideas I wanted to share with you with some brief instructions.

A windmill - we all love them - really simple square of patterned paper with diagonal cuts then folding alternate corners over onto a stem. I rescued an ugly unloved promo one and recycled the base! The centre circle was stamped on patterned paper to hold everthing in place.
A notebook - again patterned paper and a piece of ribbon and a stamped square and handwritten title
An envelope - easy peasy with a template, if you don't have one cut open an ordinary one and use that.
A bookmark tag - just using up scraps.......
A bag-a-lope decorated with a card front.... a bag made from an A4 envelope.
Or just alter a little container for a few sweeties to lighten the day!

I don't mind what you have a go with but I thought we would venture outside our comfort zones - just a little. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!!


7 comments :

Allison said...

great challenge I went for an envelope for my card
you will find it HERE

AllisonX

librariane said...

This was fun! More thinking outside the box for me:
http://librariane.blogspot.com/2008/08/side-order.html

Cuchy said...

Thanks for the challenge. I also enter this card to PWC. Thanks for looking. M.Carmen

My take

RubyMay said...

I have made a card with a matching bookmark. I hope you like it !
http://rubymay-days.blogspot.com/

tracey said...

http://traceyscraftingadventure.blogspot.com/

heres mine please take a look

Becky Garrison said...

Hi there! This is my first time taking one of your dares - so much fun! I made a card and a pinwheel (or windmill). You can find it here. Thanks! Becky G.

http://camelliacottagedesigns.blogspot.com/

tiggertastic said...

Thank you for a fantastic challenge,

My entry is here.

Sarah x